Sunday, September 11, 2011

Soaked Baked Oatmeal

This weekend I made a yummy oatmeal breakfast. My father said it tasted like an oatmeal cookie, like I said Yummy! The original recipe came from here. I liked the idea of the baked oatmeal but since reading the book Real Foods by Nina Planck I wanted something without refined sugar and vegetable oil so I tweaked it a bit. Here is my version of soaked baked oatmeal.

Soaked Baked Oatmeal
2 cups oatmeal
1 tbs whole wheat flour
1 cup yogurt
½ cup water
2 eggs
6 tbs maple syrup
1/3 cup melted butter or applesauce
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk

add in options
raisins
small pieces of apple
berries
chocolate chips
coconut flakes

Mix the oatmeal, flour, yogurt, and milk in an 8x8 pan. Cover and sit on the counter, allow the oats to soak for 12-24 hours.
Preheat oven o 350ยบ. Mix the eggs and all the rest of the ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add the egg mixture to the soaked oats and mix well. Mix in any optional add ins. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment