Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bean Soup

I love recipes that I can make over and over again a million different ways. This is one of those recipes I can make every week and make it different every time. Choosing different beans or combinations of beans makes a big difference in this soup. I use any veggies I have on hand and decide on spices as I am mixing things together.

Bean Soup
3 cups veggie broth
2 cups water
1 cup dried beans
4 cups chopped veggies
2 bay leafs
2-4 tsp spices

Rinse and sort through the beans. Soak beans in water for 12-24 hours. Rinse beans and place in water. Wash and cut up the veggies. In a crock pot place the veggies, veggie broth, spices, and beans. Cook in crock pot on high for 4-5 hours till the beans are soft but not falling apart. Cook for another hour and puree all or part of the soup for a thicker soup. French Bread or biscuits are a wonderful side with this soup.

Leftovers can be frozen and reheated in the oven or on the stove top.


Toppings
Cheese
Avocado
Salsa

Veggies We like
Corn
Carrot
Bell Pepper 
Squash
Zucchini
Broccoli
Cauliflower

No comments:

Post a Comment