Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fruit and Yogurt Leather

I had a hunch that this would work but I was unsure until I saw a few blogs with recipes. Well I did a little experimenting and we have a delicious new on the go snack.

Fruit and Yogurt Leather
2 cups yogurt
1 cup fruit puree or fruit chunks

Blend ingredients together. Place on parchment paper on dehydrator sheets. I fold up the sides to make a little box when my puree is extremely liquid so it does not run off. Place the trays in the dehydrator at 135 F. I check on mine after about 4 hours but they usually need closer to 6. The longer you dehydrate the more crunchy they will be. Cut and peel off the parchment paper or roll the parchment and leather up and cut into strips. Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks. Ours never last more then a couple of days.

Honey, vanilla, and or spices can be added for different flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment