Thursday, April 8, 2010

Falafels


Falafels

2 cups Garbanzo Beans

1 clove Garlic

½ tsp Parsley

¼ tsp Coriander

¼ tsp Cumin

½ tsp Mint

2 Carrots finely shredded

½cup Bread Crumbs

4 Pita Bread shells

oil for frying

Lettuce

Mayonnaise

Puree Garbanzo beans and add garlic, finely shredded carrot, spices, and breadcrumbs mix well. This can be done by hand or in a food processor. Scoop out ping pong sized balls from the mixture and fry in hot oil for 8 minutes turning once.

Warm pita bread and fill with mayonnaise, lettuce, and falafels.

Falafels can be frozen after cooking. Reheat by baking at 350° for 10-15 minutes.

Serve with potato chips and fruit.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try these this week but I don't have a fryer. I read on someone's recipe that you can bake them, what do you do??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heat oil in a skillet on the stove and fry them that way. I have tried baking them but they are not as crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of oil do you use? I usually use olive oil for everything, but I have some canola stashed away. Also, is it two cups of beans before or after soaking them?

    ReplyDelete