Thursday, March 24, 2011

Monkey Ice

In my constant effort to create healthier desserts for my kids I found a banana ice cream recipe. Really just pureed frozen bananas but it had lots of good reviews. I added a few mix ins and created what we call Monkey Ice. Soft bananas are perfect for this recipe. So when you have one or two bananas that get soft before you get a chance to eat them just cut them up and place them in a freezer container. When you are ready to make Monkey Ice they are ready for you.

Monkey Ice
4-5 cut up frozen bananas
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts

Set the bananas out for about 5-10 min. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Place the puree in a freezer container. Serve immediately or freeze. I am not sure how long it will keep in the freezer ours never makes it more then a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment